A Place to Call Home: Housing Available for All Income Levels
Monday, October 2, 2017
7:00 pm – 8:45 pm, Chapel Hill Town Hall
I. Welcome and Introduction: Julie McClintock CHALT
II. Framing the Issue: Nancy Oates, Member Chapel Hill Town Council
- Different Types of Housing for All Income levels & ages
- Trends in Chapel Hill affecting Housing (rental/ownership)
- Council policies
III. Success Stories: Private and Non-profit Initiatives
- Redevelopment Glen Lennox: Tim Jezisek, Vice President for Development/Grubb Properties
- Economic Challenges & Benefits in incorporating accessible housing
- Into Redevelopment of Glen Lennox
- Partnership between UNC and Northside: Hudson Vaughn, Senior
Director, Marian Check Jackson Center
- Preserving Varied Housing in a Historic Chapel Hill Neighborhood
IV. Affordability Gaps and New Approaches
- Mai Thi Nguyen, Associate Professor, Department of City & Regional Planning, UNC Chapel Hill
- The challenges and opportunities to preserving and developing affordable housing.
V. Question/Answer/Discussion Moderator: Sheila Creth
- Questions for Speakers and Open Discussion
VI. What Next?
- What is needed to successfully address creating accessible housing for all income levels in Chapel Hill?