Here are some possible uses for this 36 acre tract located on Legion Road:
- Expanded Ephesus Park including the existing trails, community center with a gym and indoor track
- Competition pool along with commercial buildings that include businesses related to swimming/sports equipment
- Pickle ball courts, soccer fields, better tennis courts than those at Ephesus Park
- Commercial buildings for new start-up businesses, and other human scale office buildings
- Workforce housing for teachers, police, firemen, hospital workers, etc.
- Affordable Housing for veterans, with offices for career counseling and on-site employment opportunities
- Parks and Rec Administrative building along with human scale office buildings.
- Permanent location for the Farmers Market currently at the mall
Three overarching recommendations are:
- Any construction on site should utilize green building standards (AIA 2030).
- All ingress and egress for the tract should be situated on Legion Road
- Any development approved should either: a) provide net positive revenue to the town, or b) provide a community benefit for all residents of Chapel Hill.